Nerja – Spain
Most of us travel with a more powerful camera built into our phones than the first digital camera I used in a professional photography studio, however the less powerful front facing camera appears to be hogging the limelight:
- More people died from taking selfies in 2015 than from shark attacks.
- 55 percent of millennials have taken selfies and shared them via social media.
- 74 percent of all images shared on Snapchat are selfies.
- 1,000 selfies are posted to Instagram every 10 seconds.
- There are 93 million selfies each day, which would represent 2,583,333 rolls of film.
This is a selection of moments from a recent trip to Nerja in Spain on the first week of April 2017. The first of what I aim to be a monochrome travel project. The project has three simple rules.
- No front facing camera
- No social media uploads
- No hashtags
I hope you enjoy it.